A Note From Pastor Dave
We have a few points of focus going on in the next few weeks that I will take this opportunity to remind you of the following:
- Kasia’s Transition: Transitions are part of a community. People come in, and people move on. Sometimes this happens faster than we would like. We are anticipating that Kasia P. Holmes’ time with us will end on May 15th, much sooner than we would like. As we look to mark the end of her time as our director of music, I invite you to write cards or notes of appreciation that we might send her on with our gratitude for her time with us.
- This Sunday is Mother’s day. We express our gratitude for all those that have mothered us along in our journeys. And we also acknowledge our various experiences, all different and not the same. To those grieving a loss of a mother or a child, we hold you in our prayer even as we honor our mothers and mothering figures.
- Team Zimbabwe: We continue to hold up the work of the Zimbabwe Mission Partnership and the collecting of funds for the bike ride fundraiser on June 5th.
- Tara Strohm’s Retirement: We will honor Tara Strohm’s many years as choir director at Providence on Sunday May 22nd.
- Sadie Krause is Graduating! We will celebrate her accomplishment on May 15th, 2022. She is graduating from the University of Minnesota Morris with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology and Human Services and minors in Sociology and Statistics. Congratulations Sadie!!
I pray you are having a blessed week and look forward to seeing you this Sunday!
Missions/Church Life: Ways to volunteer at church and in our community:
Team Zimbabwe: The 2022 Team Zimbabwe Elephant Rock charity bicycle ride is on Sunday, June 5th. The Zimbabwe Mission Partnership provides food, clothing, medical and educational services to 800 orphans. You can participate by actually riding or by virtually participating from your home. You can support a rider or just donate to the cause. Join Team Providence or support a rider at: http://zimpartnership.org/team-zimbabwe. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Dave Mosca.
See the following link to guide you through setting up your fundraising page:
This link takes you to a video describing who we are and what we do:
Do you use Amazon? Amazon has a feature called Amazon Smile. If you order through Amazon Smile, Amazon will automatically donate to a charity of your choice. The Amazon page is exactly the same and it doesn’t change your price for an item. Order through smile.amazon.com and you’ll be asked what charity you wish to support. Zimbabwe Mission Partnership is an example. Amazon will automatically donate a small amount to the charity. So easy!
Serving communion to the homebound: Are you interested in assisting Pastor Dave in serving communion to our homebound members? This will take place on a quarterly basis. Please let Pastor Dave know if you would like to help.
Invitation to membership: If you are new, or not-so-new, to Providence and are interested in joining the church as a member, please let Pastor Dave know. We will schedule an informal class when there is interest.
Collection for the Parker Task Force: Thank you for continuing to support the Parker Task Force! Our last collection brought in over $200 in food donations. Our next collection for the Task Force is Sunday May 15th, 2022. If you plan to make a gift card or cash donation, please keep it separate from the food donations. Questions? Please contact Steve Heald or the church office.
Upcoming Events & Announcements:
Maintenance Log: If you see any maintenance issues around the church building, please record them on our maintenance log. You will find it on a clipboard hanging in the kitchen, to the left of the sink.
Rockies Game: Baseball is back and so are the Colorado Rockies & Faith Day 2022. Providence has reserved 20 tickets for the August 14th (Sunday) game at 1:10 pm which will be followed by a Faith Day concert featuring “We the Kingdom”. Tickets are in Section 144 Outfield Box and are $26.00 each which includes the concert. Those that are interested can see or call Neal Witherell to reserve your seats. Payment should be made no later than July 24th.
Men’s Breakfast: The men’s breakfast will meet on May 19th at 7:30am at Bread & Butters (formerly the Egg & U). Come join us for a meal and fellowship. Questions? Contact Steve Heald.
Women’s Support Group: The women’s support group meets on the second and fourth Thursday of the month in the Providence Fellowship Hall at 3:30pm. The next meeting is May 12th, 2022. Questions? Contact Bonnie or Dee.
PPC Book Club: Our book club will meet Thursday May 19th, 2022 at 2:00 at church and on ZOOM. The book we will be discussing is The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Everyone is welcome. For more information contact Diane Vaughn.
Adult Education: Providence’s Adult Sunday School class is every Sunday following the church service. The class will start approximately 15 minutes after the church service in the sanctuary. Bring your Bibles and questions with you. Please join us as we always have a great discussion and a lot of fun. Everyone is welcome.
Coffee and Conversation: Coffee and Conversation meets weekly on Tuesday mornings from 9 to 10am. We connect, reflect on Sunday’s sermon and scriptures with observations and questions, and close in prayer. It is a chance to get to know each other more, grow together, and to linger longer with the scriptures. Come join us!
King Soopers Fundraiser: It’s now easier than ever to support Providence Presbyterian Church! Simply register your King Soopers/City Market loyalty rewards cards. Here’s how to sign up:
- Login to your King Soopers or City Market account (or create an account) at www.kingsoopers.com or www.citymarket.com.
- Click on Savings & Rewards, then King Soopers Community Rewards, then Enroll Now.
- Search for Providence Presbyterian Church or enter our organization number YJ207 and click Enroll.
Your King Soopers/City Market loyalty card will be linked to Providence and you’ll be helping us every time you shop! Please feel free to contact the church office if you have any questions.
You can now give online! Providence Presbyterian Church has partnered with the Presbyterian Foundation to offer a convenient, safe and secure way for our community to give online. Visit our giving page on our website for information on how to donate to Providence electronically.