Our COVID Protocols Have Been Updated!
Providence has returned to in-person worship in the sanctuary on Sundays at 9:30am with precautions in place. The service will also continue to be shared live over Zoom and posted to the website by Monday morning as well for those uncomfortable with or unable to join in-person.
In keeping with the changes recommended by the CDC and Douglas county, The Session of Providence has made the following updates to our COVID protocols:
- Masks will no longer be required. We do advocate for and support personal discretion as some may choose to continue wearing masks.
- Unvaccinated people are strongly encouraged to continue wearing a mask.
- We will continue to show respect and sensitivity to each other’s preferences and comfort levels.
- We will continue our current cleaning practices and protocols.
- If you are not feeling well, please be cautious and stay home.
- We will continue to observe social distancing. More chairs have been added to the sanctuary while still maintaining space between groups. We will continue to monitor capacity needs and preserve this spacing as much as possible.
- Small groups and committees may meet in person and unmasked subject to the preferences of the group.
- New!! Session has decided to allow coffee and food at fellowship and church events. We request food be prepackaged or individually served at this time to avoid unnecessary contact. Coffee is encouraged for Sunday morning, but it will be left to individuals or groups to take the initiative to prepare it. The Deacons will be preparing coffee hour with some treats once a month starting with Sunday July, 4th.
- The above apply to all groups who may use the church.
If you have any questions about the update in protocols please contact Pastor Dave or a member of session.