Good news Providence Community! Beginning the week of September 6th, Providence will resume worshiping in our sanctuary on Sunday’s at 9:30am. The following information is a summary of the protocols that we have put in place for the health and well-being for all that enter through our doors.
We have prepared for your visit to keep you healthy and safe.
- We have “deep-cleaned” every area of the church.
- Furniture has been arranged to allow for social distancing. However, some chairs in the sanctuary have been placed to accommodate family groups.
- We have modified our service to reduce the risk of passing of infections. The call to worship, scripture and hymns will be projected for easier reading. The way we do Communion, and taking the offering are just some of the things that will look different in this social distancing environment.
- If you like to have your own bulletin or read along with the scripture readings, we encourage to print out the bulletin (from MWU) and bring it along with your own Bible.
There are some things to consider before deciding if it is safe enough to return:
- We will be taking your temperature before you enter the building. If the thermometer reads 100.4 or higher, you will be asked to return home.
- Masks will be required the whole time you are in the building.
- Wearing gloves will be optional for guests.
- Masks and gloves will be required for Staff, Greeters and Cleaners.
- Food and beverages will not be available. You will not be allowed to bring any into the building.
- If you are NOT feeling well, please stay home. Greeters will be asking you some health questions, and may have to ask you to return home.
- The church will not be liable should you attend services or meetings and then become ill with COVID-19.
Ultimately, after we can safely meet in the sanctuary again, the decision to come to church is yours. We will be very glad to see you when you feel it is right for you to attend again. Until that time we are continuing with on-line services at https://parkerpresbyterian.org/sermons/. If you would like to see the full version of our reopening plan, please CLICK HERE.